Odyssey Bookstore is excited to be able to support local authors through consignment while expanding our offerings to the community. We have designated shelf space for our local authors which features traditionally published, self published, and print-on-demand titles. That said, our shop is small and we have limited space and cannot carry every title we are asked to carry, so we have implemented the following requirements and policies to allow us to carry as many author's as possible and set their books up for success.
If you'd like us to carry your book, read through the requirements and policies below, and then take a few minutes to fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Please note that we receive dozens of requests a week and we look at each book carefully, so it can take us some time to get back to you. If a few weeks have gone by and you have not yet heard back, please feel free to send us an email through the Contact Us form. Please do not drop off copies of your book unannounced. If we decide to carry your title, we will set up a time for you to stop by to ensure there is someone here to assist you. We appreciate your patience as we carefully consider each request.
- The book must have a barcode and ISBN.
- The book must have a spine (spiral-bound and stapled pamphlets will not be considered for consignment)
- The spine must list the title information and/or the author's name.
- The author must reside in or near Ithaca, NY.
- The book should have attractive cover art/design.
- Must be listed at the same retail price everywhere. You cannot sell your book at one price at Odyssey but cheaper elsewhere.
If your book does not meet the above requirements but you still believe your book will sell well here, fill out the form below and let us know why you believe this to be the case.
- Odyssey Bookstore will only take 1 book per title, and no more than 3 titles per author, on consignment.
- We agree to display books on consignment for a minimum of 6 months. If, after 6 months, your book has not sold, we reserve the right to ask you to come pick your books up. If you would like them mailed to you, you are responsible for paying for shipping. If your books do sell within the 6 month period, we may contact you and ask for more copies. If we find your books consistently sell, we may ask to stock more than 1 copy per title.
- Payment for consigned titles will be issued quarterly by check, mailed to an address provided by you. It is your responsibility to update us if your mailing address has changed. We will only pay for items that are sold. Damaged or stolen copies are the financial responsibility of the consignor.
- Per industry standard, Odyssey Bookstore will pay 60% of the retail price of any consigned book that has sold.